www.aleteia.org web site is being published by Aleteia SAS a French company with its headquarters seated 15, rue Moussorgski, 75018 Paris – France, registered in Paris under RCS number 791 180 813.
VAT number: FR78791180813
Publication director: Pierre-Marie Dumont
The web site is being hosted by:
132 Hawthorne Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
United States of America
Conditions of use
Welcome to Aleteia.
As a network about the Christian faith we encourage debate and dialogue with everyone.
Aleteia has a deep respect for all opinions expressed.
Catholics, Christians and non-believers are encouraged to contribute and give their point of view, making comments, asking questions or more on Aleteia.
We encourage every opinion, asking to respect our faith. Therefore, we ask each member to treat others with respect, maintaining a positive attitude and not to engage in personal attacks.
The Officer of Aleteia is the network moderator.
- This Website is intended for people who are at least sixteen (16) years of age. You need to create an account before you can access certain features on this Website.Moreover, according to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), this Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on Aleteia.org. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on Aleteia.org, we will delete the information from our records.
- Terms and conditions of use are subject to change. The modified terms and conditions of use will take effect as soon as entered on the Website. From that moment, the network Aleteia will be subject to the modified terms and conditions.
- Aleteia holds (registered and un-registered) intellectual property rights on intangibles related to the Website. Trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on Aleteia.org are registered and unregistered trademarks of Aleteia.org, its licensors or content providers, or other third parties. All of these trademarks, logos and service marks are the property of their respective owners. Nothing on Aleteia.org shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on Aleteia.org without the owner’s prior written permission, except as otherwise described herein. Aleteia.org reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to Aleteia.org and its content. Aleteia.org and all of its content, including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces and code, and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected as a compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
- This Website may contain links to other Websites. By virtue of this, we do not take responsibilities for the latter’s content and material, as well as products and services offered.
- The network allows its users to communicate with each other on certain issues.
- We do not warrant or represent in any way that people with whom you interact on the Aleteia network are who they say they are.
- By using Aleteia, you agree to the following:
- to be responsible for the security of your password, use of your account and of both the public and private content you communicate on the Website;
- not to spread viruses;
- not to use the Website for any commercial purposes.
In this respect, the ability to freely express one’s opinions on a particular subject must be combined with respect for the opinions of others. Therefore, when you write a comment, it is important to take account of these simple and basic rules:
- write trying to stay on the topic of the article;
- write messages always respecting others, even if they have a different opinion;
- do not post vulgar and offensive words or messages;
- avoid letting the discussion degenerate;
- do not report private conversations without the consent of the interested parties;
- suggestions to the discussions sent by readers must be the result of personal contribution. It is possible to report and submit articles already written on other magazines or newspapers, but THE SOURCE MUST ALWAYS BE QUOTED.
The contents that do not respect these rules will be deleted; in the worst case users will be „banned”; it is up to the Aleteia.org administrators to decide when these limits are exceeded.
Each user is responsible for the content posted on Aleteia.org. Aleteia.org refuse any responsibility whatsoever with respect to what is uploaded by users.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Aleteia Officer, as Website moderator, wants to ensure a positive and respectful climate, since we want everyone to freely express himself or herself and be respected for it.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
Aleteia.org is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of its users.
In this regard, it is worth pointing out that Aleteia.org receives different types of information about its users, including:
- Registration Information: when you sign up as a user of Aleteia.org, the Officer of Aleteia.org records your first and last name, email address, an image (the image of your avatar or profile image you upload), the selected user name and the user ID and IP address.
- Instead, when you sign up as a user to Aleteia.org by logging in with user credentials registered to access a social network (e.g. FB, Google+, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.), the Officer of Aleteia.org records your first and last name, email address, an image (the image of your avatar or profile image you upload), the selected user name and user ID and IP address, as well as a number of other personal data / information provided by the social network of reference (e.g. data / information on peer relationships, user’s interests, etc.). In this regard, we want to point out that, in the case of access to Aleteia.org through the authentication credentials of one of the social networks used by the user, the same social network will act as an autonomous Data Controller in respect of all user’s personal information contained in it that may be shared with Aleteia.org.
- Other information received from Aleteia.org on users.
Aleteia.org also receives other types of information about users. Specifically:
- Aleteia.org receives some personal information whenever you interact with the Website, for example when you visit a page, send or receive a comment, look for a page, click, view, or interact in other ways with the network, use a mobile application of Aleteia.org, make purchases of items through Aleteia.org and its partners;
- We receive data / information from your computer, mobile phone or other devices that you employs to access Aleteia.org, only for statistical purposes and to allow access to the web pages of the Website itself;
- Aleteia.org may have available data / information on users from partners and / or other third parties;
We provide data / information to our partners and / or to other third parties in accordance with regulations in force, reserving the right, in each case, to request the consent of the users.
With reference to the use, by Aleteia.org, of the information received, it should be noted that Aleteia.org uses the data / information received in relation to the services and features offered.
By providing such authorization, you also contribute to the future development of innovative features and services, through the use of the information received about you in new ways.
While you allow the use of information received about you on the part of Aleteia.org, the owner of such information will always be you.
Aleteia.org does not store information received about you, except within the limits of the above, subject to the terms and conditions of use of the network.
PUBLIC INFORMATION ON THE USER, VISIBLE TO ALL USERS OF ALETEIA.ORG
The expression „Public Information” (or „information visible to all”) means all the information that you, as a user, choose to make public to Aleteia.org users, as well as the information always publicly available on social networks, where the user is registered with credentials, wherever he/she is an Aleteia.org registered user with the login credentials he/she uses to access a specific social network.
- The information that you, as a user, choose to make public.
Choosing to disclose one’s information, among other things, also means that such information:
- may be associated with the user (e.g. [„Facebook – I like”]) also outside of Aleteia.org, in case the user voluntarily agreed there to;
- will be displayed when someone does a search on Aleteia.org or on a public search engine, and only limited to the nickname, comments or other public information published in the pages of Aleteia.org;
- Information always publicly available;
The information listed below is always public and, therefore, processed as information that the user has decided to make public:
- Full name (but only to the extent that it coincides with the Nickname);
- The user’s profile image, or „Avatar” (note that photos that depict minors, or, vulgar, obscene, immoral photos and images harmful to the rights of others and against public decency will not be considered acceptable, and therefore, will be duly „banned”);
- User name and user ID.
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
Moreover, please bear in mind the following information on your personal data processing:
- Communication and dissemination to third parties of the data provided by the users will be in accordance with applicable US laws.
- The Aleteia Officer acquires the user’s personal data, whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. The system administrator acquires the user’s IP address.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limitation of liability
You acknowledge and agree that you assume full responsibility for your use of Aleteia.org.
You acknowledge and agree that any information you send or receive during your use of Aleteia.org may not be secure and may be intercepted by unauthorized parties.
You acknowledge and agree that your use of Aleteia.org is at your own risk and that Aleteia.org is made available to you at no charge.
Recognizing such, acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither Aleteia.org nor its suppliers or third party content providers will be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to Aleteia.org, or any other sites you access through a link from Aleteia.org or from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of communications you send to us, or the delay or inability to use Aleteia.org, or for any information, products or services advertised in or obtained through Aleteia.org, Aleteia.org’s removal or deletion of any materials submitted or posted on Aleteia.org, or otherwise arising out of the use of Aleteia.org, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if Aleteia.org or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury arising from any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer viruses, file corruption, communication-line failure, network or system outage, your loss of profits, or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, loss or use of any record or data, and any other tangible or intangible loss.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that neither Aleteia.org nor its suppliers shall be liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of Aleteia.org. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any of the above claims or any dispute with Aleteia.org is to discontinue your use of Aleteia.org.
You and Aleteia.org agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the site must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues or the cause of action is permanently barred.
Because some jurisdiction do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, all or a portion of the above limitation may not apply to you.
If you cause a technical disruption of Aleteia.org or the systems transmitting Aleteia.org to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from that disruption.
Aleteia.org reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with Aleteia.org in the defense of such matter.
The court having jurisdiction is the one in Rome, Italy.
I confirm that I have read the terms and conditions of use of the website Aleteia.org and I consent to the processing of personal data concerning me in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
I consent to the processing of personal data concerning me for the purpose of business communications, carrying out market surveys and sending advertising materials.